In the summer of 2011, First Presbyterian Church began plans for a Memorial Prayer Garden to recognize the original Founding members, as well as the faithful past, present and future members. The Memorial Prayer Garden Committee is happy to announce the garden is now complete.
Design features include a celtic cross, the names of the original Founding members from 1953 etched in the masonry around a fountain, and stone benches placed strategically throughout the garden. It was always a desire that the garden be an extension of our existing church building. So, a concrete walkway from the church’s front door extends to the garden area, placing it on the grounds adjacent to the church and in the shade of the grand 60 year old Live Oak trees planted by Robert Thompson and his three sons that many years ago.
We invite everyone to visit our garden and enjoy the shade, quiet, and beauty it has to offer. May it be for you the place of prayer and contemplation it is for us.